Call For Papers
NOSSDAV 2009 will continue the workshop's long tradition of focusing on emerging topics, controversial ideas, and future research directions in the area of multimedia systems research, held in a setting that stimulates lively discussions among the senior and junior participants.
It is also an established practice for NOSSDAV to encourage experimental research based on real systems and data sets. Public availability of source code and data sets is highly encouraged.
The scope of NOSSDAV has evolved over the years. For NOSSDAV 2009, we would like especially highlight two new topics of interest: unconventional use of GPU for multimedia and multi-core processors support for multimedia. NOSSDAV 2009 continues to welcome submissions in the traditional topics of networked multimedia systems, operating system support for multimedia, and multimedia security and rights management.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- OS, middleware, and network support for multimedia
- Overlay networks for multimedia
- Media streaming, distribution, and storage
- Web 2.0 systems and social networks for multimedia
- Wireless and mobile multimedia systems
- Media sensor and ad hoc networks
- Grid/cloud computing support for multimedia
- Embedded systems for multimedia
- Multicore architecture support for multimedia
- GPU for multimedia
- Network processor support for multimedia
- Tele-immersion and mixed-reality systems
- Networked graphics and virtual environments
- Networked games
- Multimedia communications and system security
- Digital rights management
A broad view will be taken in deciding what topics are within scope. Please contact the workshop co-chairs if you are unsure and wish to check if a particular topic is within the scope of NOSSDAV.
Submissions should be at most SIX pages in length using standard ACM proceedings style. We expect these submissions to be the kernel of what will eventually lead to full-length papers at high-quality conferences or journals.
Authors of selected, high quality papers from NOSSDAV 2009 will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers to a special issue of ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems Journal (MMSJ).
|Notification:||20 March, 2009|
|Camera Ready Due:||6 April, 2009|
|Workshop:||3-5 June, 2009|